amazon

Mediterranean Farfalle and Chicken Salad

Farfalle is just a fancy word for bow tie pasta, but I love saying it because it makes me feel so Italian and Italy is my number one fantasy vacation spot. I have to admit I sort of hoped that if I served my husband this salad and just kept saying "farfalle" over and over again and wrote "Mediterranean" on the bowl that he would whisk me away to Italy. I'll keep waiting. For now, this pasta is the closest I'm getting.
This salad was the creative (if I may say so myself) product of making dinner from what I had in the cabinet and refrigerator and I am happy to report that it was delicious! It has all the elements of a full meal- chicken, vegetables, and pasta, it's very satisfying and it tastes even better the next day!You can add whatever vegetables you want and change the title to "Hawaiian Chicken Salad" or  "Bermuda Chicken Salad"- maybe your husband will get the hint.

1 box bow tie pasta, cooked in salted water till al-dente
Cherry tomatoes, quartered
Black or green olives
Sun dried tomatoes, sliced
Red onion, diced
lots of fresh basil, thinly sliced
Hearts of palm, sliced
3 chicken breasts, cubed, or any leftover chicken

Dressing:
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4-1/3 cup red wine vinegar
3 cloves garlic, minced
salt, pepper
2 tsp mixed seasoning (like Mrs. Dash)

Comments

  1. THIS looks yummy. You can also make it dairy with Feta cheese! I can't wait to try it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just may have to purchase Mrs. Dash. This looks and sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yum - but I always thought Farfalle was yiddish...now spaghetti, that's italian.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts