amazon

Cilantro Lime Salmon with Coconut Chili Dipping Sauce

How gorgeous is this salmon?? Ever since I've gotten my hands on some limes, the elusive citrus of Israel,  I've been putting them on and in everything. Fresh slices in my water every morning, in every dressing I make, and I've even put some in a spray bottle with vinegar as a cleaning agent so now my house smells like limes too! This is salmon is soooo yummy and simple to throw together. We grilled the salmon but baking it would be great too. I prefer to use a whole side of salmon because I love that strip of fat that caramelizes down the side-mm mm good! The marinade in this recipe serves two functions- half to spread on the fish for baking and then the other half gets combined with another couple of ingredients to make the most amazing coconut dipping sauce- no joke, the sauce is divine- when I served the salmon my guests kept the dipping sauce on the table to drizzle on everything else. Hope you enjoy this salmon as much as we did!


1 Side of Salmon or about 8 fillets
4 cloves garlic
1 cup packed cilantro leaves
2 scallions
1 tsp lime zest (from approximately 2 limes)
1/4 cup lime juice (approximately 4 limes)
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
3 tsp agave nectar or honey
1/4 cup olive oil



Combine all ingredients except for the salmon in your food processor. Process until everything is well blended. Pat your salmon dry and season with a light dusting of salt and pepper. Spread HALF of the marinade onto the fish and let it marinate for about 30 minutes. When you are ready to bake or grill your fish, preheat your oven to 375F and bake until the salmon feels firm to the touch and flakes easily, about 14 minutes or so for fillet or 25 minutes for a side of salmon depending on its thickness. Serve room temperature with dipping sauce.

For the dipping sauce:
The other half of the marinade
1/2 cup coconut cream (not cream of coconut)
1 clove garlic
1/2 a Thai chili or 1/4 tsp chili flakes
salt and pepper

blend all together and serve.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts