amazon

Crispy Four Seeded Shnitzel (Gluten Free, Whole30, Paleo, Keto)

Today is Day 19 of my third round of Whole30 and I'm not gonna lie, I'm getting a little food fatigue. Trying to come up with new ways to eat proteins and vegetables takes work and lots of prep. But it's only 30 days, I keep telling myself, I can do this.  As I sat staring at the package of chicken tenders I had defrosting in the sink wondering what I could do with them, this idea dawned on me. What if I could make crispy shnitzel, but just with seeds, and fried in olive oil?? I set out on a mission to make this work, salivating the whole time at the idea. It took two tries but I got it. And let me tell you, its good. Real good. Crispy, flavorful, and so so healthy. The base of the coating is hemp hearts, which are super healthy and nutritious, full of protein and fiber and lots of important minerals. They are kind of trendy right now and you can get a massive bag of them at Costco nowadays. If you live in Israel you can order them from Iherb or they are readily available on Amazon (I've put a link to them on the blog under this recipe.) The rest of the seeds are more common: chia, sesame, and flax. The combo of them all, well seasoned, and then fried in olive oil is just divine. If you're doing a round of Whole30, eat Paleo, or are doing Keto, or just want a delicious gluten free and healthy alternative to fried shnitzel, this is it. Enjoy!

1 pound chicken tenders
1 cup coconut flour
3 eggs, whisked well
3/4 cup hemp seeds/hearts
2 Tablespoons chia seeds
2 Tablespoons flax seeds
1 Tablespoon toasted sesame seed
2 tsp dried parsley
salt, pepper, granulated garlic powder
olive oil for frying

Set up a three part "breading station". In one put the coconut flour, season with salt, pepper, and garlic. In the second put whisked eggs, again season with salt pepper and garlic. In the third combine the hemp, chia, flax, sesame, and parsley and season with salt, pepper and garlic. Dip each chicken tender in the coconut flour, then the egg, and finally coat in the seed mixture. Heat the oil and fry each piece until golden.






Comments

Popular Posts