amazon

Mexican Cavatappi and Chicken Salad

Though it breaks my heart, it's time to move away from Asian and Italian food for a little, so onto a new cuisine- Mexican. I made chicken soup for 100 people as part of an event I recently did and was left with lots of boiled chicken. So I shredded it and came up with this. It's another one of those all in one bowl meals and it is super hearty and filling. Mexican cuisine uses a lot of cilantro, another one of those ingredients I'm trying to get myself to like but am having a hard time getting used to the taste of shampoo, so I used parsley in the dressing instead. Cavatappi pasta is shaped like loose curls and I really love the look of them but any short pasta can be used instead. You can also make this a little more healthful by leaving out the pasta and putting all the ingredients over lettuce and using the same dressing.

1 pound cavatappi pasta
1 green pepper sliced
1 can corn
1 can sliced black olives
1 red onion, diced
1 can black beans
cherry tomatoes
1 avocado, diced
3 cups shredded chicken

11/4cups mayo (you can use the light variety)
1 packet taco seasoning mix ( I used Ortega brand)
1 Tbl lime juice
1/2 tsp cumin
2 cloves garlic minced
big handful chopped parsley or cilantro
salt and pepper




I apologize in advance on behalf of this picture, it was a lot prettier in person. I have since disciplined the tomatoes for ruining the picture. Enjoy!

Comments

  1. I love how you post the ingredients as tags. Also, howzabout some water chestnuts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds delicious and easy to make. When I have some cooked chicken lying around, I think I'll try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. can you buy taco seasoning in israel?
    and i can still taste the carmelized onion chicken-that was amazing! thanks
    again

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts