amazon

Maple-Sesame Salmon

It's hard to come up with dairy meals during the 9 days but one of the things I find most challenging is the fish. Fish is really the main protein of the 9 days and after I've had my fill of the fried version (my fave!) I look to try new and exciting ways to make fish. Apparently, I've been on an Asian kick this week because inadvertently everything I've been making is Asian including this yummy Maple-Sesame Salmon. The maple gives a great sweetness to the fish which is balanced nicely by the soy and wasabi and toasted sesame seeds just make everything better. I served this with Wasabi Mashed Potatoes (next recipe up) and garnished with lots of scallions and we were happy campers. Enjoy!

3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbl sesame oil
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup real maple syrup
1 tsp wasabi powder (optional)
3 Tbl sesame seeds
6 Salmon Fillets


Place all the marinade ingredients except for the sesame seeds in a ziplock back and mix around. Place the fillets in and let it marinate about an hour or up to 3 hours. Lay on a baking sheet, sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes at 350 and then broil for another 2 minutes to get them caramelized (make sure to keep a close eye on them in the broiler because the maple syrup can burn easily.)



Comments

Popular Posts