amazon

Spiced Sweet Potato Hummus

I have never liked chummus. In fact, I always used to joke that I was almost denied my Israeli citizenship because I don't like chummus and I don't like hiking, two crucial parts of Israeli culture. But I've been seeing around the blogosphere different takes on the traditional chummus that really appeal to me and this is one of them. Anything with sweet potato is good in my book and sweet potato chummus sounded good enough to eat up with a spoon. This recipe may sound weird but the sweet potato is really very subtle and lends just a little sweetness and lots of health factor. I made this spicy using hot paprika because I think the combo of the sweet and spicy is a winner but if spicy isn't for you than use regular paprika. Either way this is sure to be a new, fun and interesting chummus to add to your dip repertoire. Enjoy!



2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
1 can chick peas
2 cloves garlic
juice of one lemon
1/3 cup tehina paste
2 Tbl olive oil
1 Tbl brown sugar
2 tsp good quality cinnamon
1 Tbl ground cumin
2 tsp hot paprika
salt and pepper


In a food processor, process the chick peas with the garlic, lemon juice, tehina and oil. Add the cinnamon, brown sugar, cumin and paprika and season with salt and pepper. Remove from processor and mix in the sweet potatoes.




Comments

Popular Posts