amazon

Cod Fillet with Melted Leek, Tomato and Mushrooms

Sometimes I just crave something a little nicer for dinner on a hectic weeknight instead of leftovers or pasta.  Recently, as I was browsing through my refrigerator I found all the makings of a delicious dinner-leeks, mushrooms, wine, tomatoes, basil - cooked all together these ingredients can make any protein sing. I would have made this with chicken breast which you can totally do by just omitting the butter but when I was browsing in the store I came across some beautiful looking cod loins and so that became my dinner. I served this over some couscous to absorb the delicious juices and it was a simple but super flavorful meal in one. Enjoy!



4 Cod fillet or Cod loins
3 Tbl butter
1 Tbl olive oil
1 leek, sliced and cleaned
3 cloves garlic, minced
10 mushrooms, sliced
20 cherry tomatoes (approx), halved
1/2 cup white wine
1/4 cup fresh basil, sliced
salt and pepper to taste

In a pan melt the butter and olive oil together. Add the leek and garlic, season with salt and pepper and saute until the leek is tender. Add the mushrooms and and cook until the mushrooms are tender and season the mushrooms with a little more s &p. Seasoning each layer makes sure you have a well seasoned final product. Add the wine and cook for 2 minutes over high heat until the alcohol cooks out. Add the cherry tomatoes and basil and continue cooking over high heat until the tomatoes start wilt. Season the fillet's with salt and pepper and nestle them in the pan with the sauce spooning some of the sauce on top. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes until the fish is cooked through.




Comments

  1. Thank you for this recipe! I had about 2/3 of the ingredients, so did the best I could and improvised a bit. It was a delicious, healthy, and really easy lunch to make. I didn't have leek, mushrooms, or fresh basil. I added an onion, thinly sliced zucchini and dried basil. It was still pretty good. And by the way, we miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added lemon juice instead of wine (which I prefer to drink!) and added a handful of dill. Also omitted the garlic, I just find garlic overwhelms fresh fish. As I’m in Australia I used red emperor fish. This dish was absolutely delicious and everyone loved it

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts