amazon

Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread

I like to convince myself that if I throw some zucchini in a cake it makes it healthy. So when I am on a "diet" but still need my Shabbat breakfast cake, I turn to a zucchini laden cake and pretend I'm not cheating at all. The truth is that it has to be a little healthier than a regular cake but you practically cannot tell- it is moist, chocolate-y and goes GREAT with a steaming cup of Joe. Lately, I have been obsessed with my loaf pan, hence the flood of pound cake and quick bread recipes. When this stage passes I plan on moving to my Bundt pan-stay tuned!



  • recipe adapted from KAF
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1/3 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup canola oil
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/3 cup good quality cocoa
  • 1 2/3 cup flour
  • 2 medium zucchini, unpeeled and shredded
  • 1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 and grease your loaf pan. In a bowl beat the eggs, honey, oil, sugar and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients and mix till smooth. Fold in the zucchini and chocolate chips. Bake for about an hour until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool slightly before cutting.







Comments

Popular Posts