amazon

Deep Dish Oatmeal Fudge Bars

If you love oatmeal cookies and you love fudge, then these bars are for you. But let me warn you, these bars are sinful and HIGHLY addictive. Who can resist a crunchy oatmeal cookie base layered with a thick buttery fudge filling and then topped with some more cookie- not me! Probably not the best idea that I made them without company to share them with, and after seeing how much headway I was making in the pan all by myself I decided it would be best to freeze half for Shavuot. Did I mention these go great with coffee? Or by themselves? Or as dinner :) ? Enjoy!


200 grams (2 sticks)butter or margarine, room temperature
1 3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup milk
3 cups quick cooking oats

In a stand mixer mix the butter, brown sugar and eggs until well incorporated. Add the vanilla and milk. Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients. The mixture will be thick.

For the Fudge:
1 can sweetened condensed milk (you can find chalav yisroel options as well nowadays)
1/3 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp instant espresso or coffee
2 cups chocolate chips

In a sauce pan melt all the ingredients together.

Preheat oven to 350. In a greased 9x13 pan press half of cookie mixture onto the bottom of the pan. Top with the fudge mixture spreading it evenly and then top with the rest of the cookie mixture by placing pieces of the dough over the fudge. Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden. Cool and then refrigerate before cutting.





Comments

  1. Sounds like breakfast to me. Mmmmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could eat this picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made these pareve for shabbat, they were a big hit! I obviously substituted all butter for margarine and milk with soy milk. For the fudge, instead of condensed milk, I used a can of coconut cream and 1/4 cup of sugar. Everyone loved them! I heard you can also substitute marshmallows and even oil as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! sounds great! Thanks for the pareve suggestions...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts