amazon

Asian Red Cabbage Salad

I don't know about you, but I am always looking for new ways to make cabbage salad. Cabbage is cheap and healthy and my go to veggie for salad when I'm too lazy to deal with lettuce. Now, don't get me wrong, I have nothing against sweet cabbage salads, you know, the ones that call for craisins, and mandarin oranges etc. but I was kind of getting sick of those and wanted something new and interesting. Well, I recently had a burger that came with a side cabbage salad that was delicious and refreshing and I had to go home and recreate it. This is what I came up with. Lots of ginger, hints of sesame and lots of crunch from the cabbage, kholrabi, and peanuts. It's a keeper!




1 small red cabbage, shredded
2 Persian or Israeli cucumbers, skin on, sliced
1 large kholrabi, cut into matchsticks
4 scallions, sliced
1/3 cup roughly chopped salted peanuts
2 Tablespoons toasted sesame seeds

Place the cabbage, cucumbers, kholrabi and scallions in the bowl. Dress the salad with the dressing and top with the peanuts and sesame seeds.

Dressing:
1 1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
1 Tbl toasted sesame oil
2 Tbl honey
1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
1/2 cup canola oil
salt and pepper to taste

 Whisk together and pour over salad.



Comments

  1. I believe it will be beginning to new world from you and will be looking forward to read some more interesting blogs from you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts