amazon

Gingered Red Cabbage and Mango Salad

Mango has got to be one of my favorite fruits. At the end of mango season in Israel you can get these giant football size mangoes that are sweeter than sugar and can easily feed 4 people. Every year I eagerly await their arrival to my supermarket. Feeling nostalgic, I bought some mangoes at the farmer's market recently. Though they don't compare to my delicious Israeli mangoes they were pretty darn good and I concocted this salad with them to accompany some steaks I was grilling. The salad is lightly dressed with just a little heat from the chili and a little warmth from the ginger and so fresh and summery tasting.This would be so perfect piled high on top of a fish taco but equally delicious on you summer shabbat table. Enjoy!


1 small head of red cabbage, shredded
1 large mango, peeled and cut into thin slices or cubes
4 scallions, sliced
1 small jalapeno, Anaheim chilli or any green chilli, finely diced
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (or parsley)

Place all the salad ingredients in a bowl and toss with the dressing. Let the salad sit for a minimum of 20 minutes before serving.

Dressing:
1/3 cup rice vinegar
1/2 cup canola oil
1 tsp fresh grated ginger
1-2 Tbl honey (depending on how sweet you want it)
salt and pepper to taste

Whisk all the ingredients to emulsify.



Comments

Popular Posts