amazon

Orange Dijon Chicken

You can never have too many chicken recipes. Though most of the time I'm perfectly happy to eat what I call "Shabbos Chicken" which is just chicken roasted with basic spices,  I do like to switch it up every now and then. Recently I started another round of Whole30 where I'm eating chicken a lot more than I usually do and I just needed a break from my regular ole spiced chicken so I started to develop different Whole30 and Paleo compliant chicken recipes to add to my rotation. Here in Israel it is citrus season where the oranges are huge, sweet, and utterly delicious. This chicken gets its great orange flavor from pure orange juice concentrate as opposed to orange juice which doesn't pack the same flavor punch and some fresh orange as well. I roasted this chicken with some sweet potatoes and highly recommend you do the same. The sweet potatoes absorbed all the orangey, chickeny goodness and were divine. Don't like chicken on the bone? I've so far tried this marinade on boneless chicken thighs and even on london broil and both were great. It's just a flavorful, versatile marinade that is great to add to your repertoire. So if you've been looking for a chicken recipe without any sugar, or are following the Whole 30/Paleo program or just love the taste of orange, this chicken is for you! Enjoy!

5 Chicken Bottoms (legs and thighs)
4 Tbl Orange juice concentrate
2 Tbl Dijon Mustard
3 Tbl Olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp ground pepper
1 orange, sliced
1/2 tsp paprika
Pinch chili flakes, optional
1 Tbl honey, optional (I did it without but if you like your chicken a little sweeter you can use it)


Mix the orange juice concentrate, dijon mustard, olive oil, garlic, thyme, salt, pepper (and chili flakes and honey if you are using) in a bowl. Add the chicken, mix well and let marinate for 3-4 hours. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the bottoms in the pan, spreading whatever marinade is in the bowl on the chicken and lay the sliced oranges around them. Sprinkle the chicken with the paprika, cover and bake for 2 hours. Uncover and cook another 1/2 an hour until the marinade caramelizes.






Comments

  1. If you want information about Best Chicken Manufacturers then please visit
    Best Chicken Manufacturers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am crazy about this blog.The site is very interesting, you made some compelling remarks and the matter is on point. A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing
    Shipping Bar for Shopify shipping bar app autoketing app

    ReplyDelete
  3. These articles are exactly what I need.I guess you are a smart cookie because of your knowledge and insight. Thank you for your contribution to the community.
    Talking Tom Gold Run Online blocked game Mommy Elsa Baby Caring play for free Ride The Bus Simulator online free game

    ReplyDelete

  4. food games 2019 online
    basketball free game
    soccer games online
    hese articles are exactly what I need.I guess you are a smart cookie because of your knowledge and insight. Thank you for your contribution to the community.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts