amazon

Parmesan Crusted Zuchinni Fries

What about this does not sound good? Crispy, crunchy, cheesey crusted zucchini= YUM! I actually baked these and didn't fry them so you get the added bonus of having a low fat delicious snack and you can still feel like you're eating french fries- though between you and me these are ten times better than french fries. They are best served with some marinara sauce and if you think that is a weird combination just try it and get back to me. The combo of the crispy hot fries in the cool marinara is H-E-A-V-E-N-L-Y!! I used the dark skinned zucchini here which I am finding more and more readily available here rather than the light skinned squash because I think the flavor is better, the texture is better and the color peaks through the crumbs and looks better, but if after all that PR for using dark zucchini doesn't get you than you can use the squash and it will be just fine. Enjoy!



5 large zucchini, cut into strips and patted dry
1 large egg
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 Tbl  dried parsley
1 tsp granulated garlic
salt and pepper
3 Tbl oil

Whisk the egg in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. In a shallow bowl mix the panko, cheese and herbs and season with salt and pepper. Preheat your oven to 400. Pour 3 Tbl of oil onto a baking sheet and place in the oven to heat up. Meanwhile dip the zucchini first in the egg and then in the crumb mixture. Place them flesh side up (skin side down) on the hot oil and spray the tops with cooking spray. Bake for about 15 minutes until they are golden brown.






Comments

  1. I like the new font!
    (I don't like zucchini)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds very satisfying. Too bad that parmesian is hard to come by in my area. Sigh...........

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it sounds FANTASTIC! And I happen to have some gluten free bread crumbs that I'm looking to use up before Pesach. I really like your site and will visit often--thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a delicious recipe. My vegetarian daughter eats this as a main dish. I don't even like zucchini and I really enjoy these. Also, they freeze very well. We make double batches and freeze in single portions(between layers of wax paper) for future enjoyment. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts