amazon

Grilled Garlic Portabello Mushrooms

I think I'm obsessed with Portabello mushrooms. It's rare that I see them in the supermarket, and it's rare that I buy them but every time I do I question why I didn't buy more and wonder why I can't plant a Portabello tree. How amazing would that be? Portabello's you can just pick from your garden, whenever! Too bad they grow in the ground and the sorry excuse I have for a garden is practically frozen most of the year. Flavorful and meaty, they take well to strong seasoning and are lovely grilled, roasted, baked or fried. I served these as a side dish for our anniversary meal and I have to say, they almost outshone the goose! Simply marinated in garlic, balsamic and a touch of rosemary and then grilled till perfection they were tender and flavorful and easy to make. If you don't have a grill or grill pan you can simply pan fry them or broil them in the oven. Enjoy!

6 Portabello mushroom caps, wiped clean
1/4 cup oil
2 tsp minced garlic
1 1/2 Tbl balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp rosemary
salt and pepper

Mix the oil, garlic, vinegar and rosemary in a shallow dish and season with salt and pepper. Marinate the mushrooms in the mixture making sure they are all  coated (the mushrooms will absorb a lot of the oil so you may need to brush the marinade on them as well) for about half an hour. Grill or pan fry until tender.



Comments

Popular Posts