amazon

Chicken Thighs (Pargiyot) in Coconut Mushroom Sauce

I have emerged from my blogcoma!!! My blogcoma (pronounced like glaucoma if you were wondering) ie: my complete disappearance from my blog for over a month was due to weeks of unrelenting catering in which I did nothing but cook. Needless to say I had not a minute to concoct anything special for myself or my family nor did I frankly have any time to breathe. BUT the saving grace was that once all the catering was done I hopped on over to the dead sea for 3 days of rest and relaxation so I am back in blog mode and I have to say this dish is a fitting come back. It is DELUMCIOUS!!!! FYI- Delumcious is my new word to describe something that is both delicious and yummy- I find that I have a hard time thinking of synonyms for delicious so I will from now on just make up my own words. For this recipe I simmered Pargiyot (skinless, boneless dark meat chicken-though you can use chicken breast or chicken pieces) in a mushroom coconut curry sauce using portabella mushrooms and these funky Shimeji mushrooms I found in the supermarket though you can use any assortment of mushrooms you find.  My house smelled like a Thai paradise while it was cooking and  I had to force myself not to stick a straw in the pan and slurp. And if you are wondering if you can come over to taste the leftovers- the answer is, there are no leftovers- it was just too darn good to leave any over! Enjoy!


6 Pargiyot
1/2 cup flour seasoned with salt, pepper, and granulated garlic
3 Tbl oil
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, crushed
2 tsp fresh ginger
4 portabella mushrooms, slices
1 package shimeji mushrooms, stem removed
1 can coconut cream ( you can use coconut milk as well but coconut cream is thicker and has a stronger coconut flavor)
1 cup chicken stock
1 Tbl curry powder
1 pinch red pepper flakes
salt and pepper to taste
3 Tbl fresh cilantro or parsely for serving


Coat the chicken in the flour. Heat the oil and brown the chicken on both sides. Remove the chicken from the pan. To the same pan add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook until the onions are slightly translucent. Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook 5 minutes until the mushrooms soften. Add the coconut, stock, curry powder and red pepper flakes and bring to a boil and reseason with salt and pepper if needed. Add the chicken back into the pan and reduce to a simmer. Simmer the chicken in the sauce for about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.




Comments

  1. This combination sounds ridiculous!October 16, 2012 at 8:09 AM

    Isn't something delicious also yummy by definition !!!???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who cares about semantics? This recipe sounds exotic and delicious - too elaborate to make for myself. BTW, welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for not forgetting what matters first(as opposed to posting recipes)I know bloggers who get totally obsessed with posting and forget the real stuff.

    Sounds like a recipe me to my personal taste, love pargiyot, love cocnut!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 3 Researches PROVE Why Coconut Oil Kills Belly Fat.

    This means that you literally burn fat by consuming Coconut Fat (also coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from big medical journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts