amazon

Ginger Peach Buttermilk Pancakes

This week I hosted illustrious guests out here in bungalowville- my in laws! After all the time I spend in their house I like to give back to them by hosting and pampering them for as long as they will let me and an essential part of pampering is preparing delicious meals and snacks for them. Personally, I love the opportunity to try out new recipes even if it means rising at the crack of dawn to make them and it is all worth it when your guests declare that they are lick your plate clean good. I'm also a big fan of breakfast food. I am not embarrassed to admit that I will gladly eat pancakes for dinner and be perfectly satisfied. These pancakes are full of ripe summer peaches that add a beautiful sweetness to the pancake but what makes them stand out is the ginger which adds pizzazz and a little pleasant heat. If you don't have fresh ginger you can always use a teaspoon of ground ginger instead. Enjoy!


2 cups flour
2 Tbl sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups buttermilk (Rivyon in Israel)
2 Tbl canola oil
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbl fresh grated ginger
4 peaches, peeled and diced



In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add in the buttermilk, oil, eggs, vanilla and ginger. Don't over mix. Fold in the diced peaches. Heat a griddle or frying pan and spray with cooking spray or butter. Place batter by the 1/4 cup full in the pan. Wait till small bubbles appear on the top of the pancake and then flip  and cook for another 30-45 seconds. Serve with maple syrup and butter.




Look at these fluffy beauties!

Comments

Popular Posts